See, two months ago, I took a step outside my worrying world: I bought something and opted out of the warranty. This may sound like a small step, but for me, it was quite a big one.
Regardless of what I buy, whether it's an Apple iPod or desk chair from Staples, if the cashier asks me if I want to purchase the warranty, I do. Always. I'd rather be safe than sorry. I mean think about it, I may just be spending $29.99 on a warranty, but sometimes it really is worth it. iPods break, cameras break, desk chairs... well, you get the picture. Like I said, I'd rather be safe than sorry.
![]() |
| The new 6" Kindle (Photo courtesy of Amazon.com) |
And so far, I am glad I saved the money. I gave myself $49.99 more that I can spend on all of the books, games, magazines and other downloads for my Kindle. The case is great, not only does it have a built-in light that runs off the Kindle's battery, but it also has clips that secure into the Kindle, so the Kindle won't fall out like it may in other cases.
![]() |
| The built-in light on the case (Photo courtesy of Amazon.com) |
When I'm reading on the Kindle it doesn't even feel like I'm reading off a computer, it feels like a real book. I still get lost in the story just as I did when reading my beloved paperbacks. Except now, with my Kindle, I can read ANYWHERE. Before I bought the Kindle I enjoyed reading at the gym, but could only manage to do so on the bike because it was always hard to keep a 250-paged book steady on the elliptical or treadmill. Now I read during my entire workout, regardless of what machine I'm using. I also love how slim and light the Kindle is. I can put it in my purse and I barely notice it's in there, which is great when I can take it out and read while waiting in the doctors office or when there's extra time before class.
So I guess sometimes it is okay to skip the warranty and just buy the product, especially when it's such a great device like the Kindle. But that doesn't mean I'm not worried about not buying the warranty... I guess I just have to be extra careful this time around.


Love the post! I want a kindle ASAP. =)
ReplyDelete